12.09.2009

You Kids Get Off My Lawn

This is the content of an email sent to me today by my major advisor.

Lab Peeps:

Abstracts for the Association of Southeastern Biologists meeting in Asheville NC in April are due Jan 10.
http://www.asb.appstate.edu/meeting.php

Am I the only one who finds this wholly inappropriate? Would it be acceptable for me to write a professional email and address it to the"Lab Bitches", or maybe "dudettes" or "chicks"?

There are some things that I think you surrender when you turn 40, get a real job, and begin to supervise people. Ebonics in your professional emails is one of them.

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up. I must be totally hip to the jive cuz I didn't even notice how she'd addressed it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s I love the title of this blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Please. Feel free to tell my why you think this is my most brilliant post ever.