8.04.2009

Out with the old.....


Remember these? Oh, so do I. Fondly.

My 6-year-old hiking boots. They went a lot of places with me. Over most of the western US. Over a good portion of southern Illinois. Served double-duty during snow storms.

Alas, all good things must come to an end.

And so today, I opened up the closet and got down the box that has held my "spare pair". Spare no more, they've been promoted.

Just take a look at these.



It's like a really bad "before and after" shot. For God's sake, they still have the tags on them.


I'm not sure what Gore-Tex does, but I think it's good. Very good.



Sheesh. The inserts don't even have footprints on them yet. Or burrs. Or grass seeds. Or any of those assorted plant cling-ons that I always manage to run into. This is going to take some getting used to.



Just ignore that chicken on the floor beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please. Feel free to tell my why you think this is my most brilliant post ever.